1. With more forests being destroyed, huge quantities of good earth ___________ each year.
A. is washing away B. is being washed away
C. are washing away D. are being washed away
2. What shall we use for power when all the oil in the world has ____________.
A. given out B. put out C. held up D. used up
3. Maggie has been fortunate to find a job she loves and, __________, she gets well paid for it.
A. sooner or later B. what s more C. as a result D. more or less
4. -Amazing! You ____________ wear slippers at work.
--Don t you know it s a fashion?
A. ought to B. dare C. should D. mustn t
5. I prefer a street in a small town to ___________ in a big city _____________shanghai.
A. that; so B. one; as C. it; like D. one; like
6. Most of us senior students are able to ____________ a conversation with people from English-speaking countries.
A. go on B. keep on C. carry on D. hold on
7. -Got you drawing license?
--No, I ____________ too busy to have enough practice, so I didn t take the driving test last week.
A. was B. am C. have been D. had been
8. -Hi, Tom, You look tired.
--Yes, I _____________ the room all the afternoon.
A. painted B. had painted C. have painted D. have been painting
9. -You have been to Africa? Could you tell me your experience there?
--____________I ll do during the next break.
A. It just depends B. By all means C. No way D. Go ahead
10. One of the sides of the board should be painted yellow and _____________.
A. the other is white B. another white
C. the other white D. another white
11. Dinosaurs have been extinct from the earth, never ____________ again.
A. seen B. being seen C. to be seen D. having been seen
12. -Would you mind opening the window?
A. Never mind B. Yes, please C. No, go ahead D. Certainly not
13. The classroom is big enough __________, but we ll have to move if we have more students.
A. for the moment B. on the moment C. in a moment D. for a moment
14. Jack had traveled six miles across the channel ___________ his engine failed and was forced to land on the sea.
A. until B. after C. since D. when
15. Xiamen is _____________ most beautiful city and we ve decided to stay _________ fifth day.
A. a; a B. a; the C. the; a D. the; the
16. It was nine years ago, when I came to China for the first time, __________ I began to learn Chinese.
A. where B. how C. which D. that
17. I think _____________ dictionary is enough for us students.
A. such one B. so a C. one such D. a so
18. -What can I do for you?
--__________ you see Mr Black, give him my regards.
A. Would B. Shall C. Should D. Had
19. -If the traffic hadn t been so heavy, I would have been back by 6 o clock.
--What a pity! Tina ____________ here to see you.
A. is B. was C. had been D. would be
20. ____________some teenagers don t realize is _____________ difficult life can be after they get addicted to drugs.
A. What; how B. That; how C. What; what a D. That; what
21. When she came several days later, she found that all things still ______________ where she had ____________ them.
A. lay; laid B. laid; laid C. lay; lain D. lying; laid
22. They had a pleasant chat _____________ a cup of coffee.
A. with B. during C. over D. for
23. ___________ what to do, he decided to go to Mr Black for help.
A. Not knowing B. Not having known C. Knowing not D. Having not known
24. -So, Nancy, you had no difficulty finding your way here?
A. Yes, no difficulty at all B. No, not at all C. Yes, no problem D. Nonsense
25. _________good, the food was soon sold out.
A. Tasted B. Being tasted C. Having tasted D. Tasting
26. She always dreams of there _____________ a chance to go abroad for further study.
A. being B. to be C. is D. will be
27. -Where s Jack?
--Well, he ___________ you ___________here. or else he would be here right now.
A. doesn t know; are B. hadn t known; were
C. didn t know; were D. hadn t known; are
28. It was in the place ____________ he stayed last week ___________ the accident happened.
A. which; that B. that; that C. /; where D. where; that
29. He promised to come. He didn t,__________.
A. but B. still C. though D. although
30. _________ and you ll succeed.
A. If you try again B. Trying once more C. Another try D. To try again
31．---Is there any possibility of _______ the match? ---I m not sure.
A. our team to win B. our team winning
C. our team will win D. our team won
32. -Did all these funny things happen in your club?
--No, it was in the class _______I studied English.
A. when B. where C. that D. which
33. The exam turned out to be very easy, ____I hadn t expected.
A. as B. what C. which D. it
34. The bus rolled into the valley, _______ over 20 deaths.
A. caused B. having caused C. causing D. to cause
35. He was glad that his experience in the army finally ________.
A. paid back B. paid for C. paid about D. paid off
36. Make marks _______ you have questions.
A. which B. in which C. where D. in where
37. I won t give in ________ great difficulties I come across in my life.
A. however B. whichever C. whatever D. wherever
38. Please award the prize to _________comes first in the competition.
A. who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever
39. It is such a difficult problem _______ no one can work out.
A. as B. that C. so D. thus
40. The manager insisted on ________ out the plan at once.
A. I carried B. me carry C. I carry D. my carrying
答案：DABCD CDDBC CDADA DCCBA ACABD AADCC BBCCD CCCAD